FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact: Janet LoBue
TAPPI Marketing Manager
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Interactive Panel Provides Perspectives on 2025 Sustainability Initiatives
In the Flexible Packaging Industry
Join the discussion with subject matter experts from across the value and supply chains
(ATLANTA) February 14, 2022 – Sustainability and the circular economy are driving goals across the entire flexible packaging industry. From suppliers and converters to brand owners, the supply and value chains are uniting behind national and international efforts to reach 2025 targets.
Curious where the industry currently stands on this important road trip and how it impacts professionals in the polymers, laminations, adhesives, coatings and extrusion (PLACE) fields?
Find out during TAPPI’s FlexPack PLACE Conference panel discussion, “2025 Sustainability Goals...Status and Gaps with Flexible Packaging: How Far have We Come and Where Do We Go from Here?” on Monday, April 10, 2022. The five-person panel, featuring industry subject matter experts from brand owners, converters, researchers, end-of-life recyclers, and advocates, will shed light on how their organizations are meeting these various challenges head on.
- Todd Fayne, Associate Director, Global Snacks R&D, PepsiCo
- Dan Felton, Executive Director, American Institute for Packaging and the Environment (AMERIPEN)
- Mika Härkönen, Professor of Practice, Industrial Chemistry and Technology Infrastructures, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Stephanie Hicks, Materials Sourcing Manager, Trex Company
- Nate Miranda, Director, Innovation Platforms and Sustainability, TC Transcontinental Packaging.
Panel Moderator Michael Biscoglio, Senior Research Scientist, The Dow Chemical Company, described the upcoming panel session saying, “This is a really broad and fluid topic with lots of people trying to put the pieces together. Our goal is to give them information they can sink their teeth into and bring back to their companies as viable solutions.”
Bookending this interactive, open panel dialogue are two keynote presentations:
- Kathy Bolhous, CEO, Charter Next Generation, who will provide a big picture perspective as she presents on the “State of the Flexible Packaging Industry”
- Tom Lee, Vice President of Research and Development, TC Transcontinental Packaging, who will share insights on “Sustainable Flexible Packaging: Perspectives and R&D Effort from Packaging Converters”
To learn more about the FlexPack PLACE Conference and to register please visit the website, or contact TAPPI International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division (IFPED) Account Manager Kristi Ledbetter by email or by phone at 404-271-6780.
About TAPPI IFPED
TAPPI’s International Flexible Packaging & Extrusion Division (IFPED) continuously strives to provide highly-valued education, innovations and technical advancements to the Flexible Films and Laminates industry. IFPED provides forums for presentation and discussion of relevant and leading-edge topics, in addition to networking opportunities and mentoring programs, to ensure best practices and technology transfer across our industry’s entire supply chain. Learn more on the Division’s website.